Sunday, September 14, 2008

Ian dances when he has work to do.

This isn't so much of a post - Jay hasn't been able to get on here yet, so I'm gonna do this one.
Since Ian's last post, I've gone over the draft of the story twice (I'm now on my third time), gone over vehicles and sets (it's all concept art right now) with Jay, reconstructed one character and added another, and gotten Ian to shoot another animation (need to get him to do more.)
Speaking of his animation test, I promised him I'd post it here.



It's his first short with sound. I know the song doesn't synchronize or exactly fit, but it's a start. (10000 points to anyone who recognized that song before the watching credits.) Believe it or not, he actually surprised me with this one. The kid has some talent, considering how fast he thought it up and shot it. (Almost 200 frames in less than half an hour.)
It's a cheesy camera, I know. I'm really trying to get a new one.
Next, I'm gonna try to rig up a way to get in some camera movement, aside from more than one figure moving at once. (I think it's gonna be a soccer scene.)

I also did a test animation last week when I should have been studying. (I'm not posting it now, since it was nighttime when I shot it and my room [where the test set is now] is very dim even with all the lights on, so the whole thing was very grainy.) It was funny though that since I'd once again forgotten to turn the frame rate down from 24 to 16, when I ran it all together, I was wondering why it seemed so smooth, but too quick considering how long I'd been shooting. (I finally went and fixed the default frame rate so it won't be happening again. :D)

I need to start writing the script next.
(For some reason the most productive time to work on is when we're all folding laundry.)

- E

No comments:

Post a Comment