Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Only Nine Days Left

E here again.
With only nine days left, so far we've gotten a handful of sets and vehicles sketched and drafted; one storyboard drafted (very short and needing editing); all the lego minifigure peices we own sorted, catalogued, and listed (took me all day for one full day since I also had to list which pieces are curretly in use with other sets that other people are using), and a little over the same number of pages of script that we had originally (a little over ten-ish). True numbers on everything will come later when the imaginaly goal/deadline hits, but what's really bugging me is the script. I mean, hey, it's been what, a month, and no real 'new' pages?
As it turns out, as we work on 'new' scenes, 'old' scenes that have been changed or simply don't work anymore are thrown out at the same rate. So yeah. There has been some progress. (There would be more if I figured out how to get more scenes out of verbal form and into written form.)

On another note, Z, the youngest sibling (who isn't 'officially' in the group), has been persistantly trying to get into the movie-making process for the last few months. Today he surprised me when he got onto MonkeyJam (the animation program we use), which I'd mistakenly left open previously. Without any help, he created a short movie of his own lego people walking around my desk. (He's learning how to read, so he know what button said 'Capture')
The result is something obviously created by a little kid who doesn't yet know how to ride a bike. But considering I didn't even know he could read the word 'capture' in the first place, it's pretty good.

*E hums a mix of the Indiana Jones theme song and tobyMac's Face of the Earth as she pulls said animation into another window*



On yet another note, if you're an ex-reader of my blog (itself being sadly un-updated for a few weeks now), you may recall a post about a certain 90-miles-per-hour-leaving-a-trail-of-smoke joke. Well, that joke has spawned over a hundred other punch lines, songs, routines, riddles, and pictures. (The latest being a song by Jay and Ian which goes to the tune of 'Yankee Doodle Dandy'.)
I have to keep repeating to myself "This is not going to make it into the movie, this is not going to make it into the movie, this is not going to make it into the movie. . ."

-E

No comments:

Post a Comment